UPCOMING EVENT: The FPA Annual General Meeting will be held on April 26, 2017.
Please note: prior registration by email is required for all events.
FPA Events 2017
March 20, Gen. Jibril Rajoub
March 6, MK Ayman Odeh
FPA Events 2016
- December 12, MK Yair Lapid of the Yesh Atid party
- November 14, Minister of Education Naftali Bennett
- June CIS Commanders for Israel's Security
- May 24, Informal social event at ADOM restaurant
- May 16, presser with Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah
- April 20, presser with the deputy Chief of Staff Brig. Gen. Yair Golan
- April 18, FPA Annual General Meeting, guest speaker Dr. Yossi Vardi
- February 24, presser with Dr. Mahmoud Zahar followed by social event for FPA Gaza members.
2015 FPA Events
- November 13th, Presser with the Rt. Hon. Tony Blair
- November 10th, Presser with Yuval Steinitz, the Minister of Infrastructure, Energy and Water Resources.
- October 7th, Presser with Israel's President Ruby Rivlin.
- September 1st, FPA social event in Ramallah at the Darna restaurant.
- July 21st, presser with Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Prof Dore Gold , followed by a discussion with Iran analyst Meir Javedanfar
- May 21st, FPA members "getting to know you" drinks at Colony West restaurant/bar.
- April 26th, The FPA Annual General Meeting and election of Chair and Board for the coming year. The guest speaker PA chief negotiator Saeb Erekat
FPA Events 2014
- November 12th, event with Jacob Perry, Minister of Science and Technology
- October 27th, event with Maj. Gen Jibril Rajoub
- April 27th, FPA Annual General Meeting and election of new FPA Board. Guest Speaker Naftali Bennet, Minister of Economic affairs.
- January 21st, Leader of the Opposition Labour Party MK Isaac Herzog
FPA Events 2013
- October 30th, Deputy Minister of Defence Dany Danon
- June 10th, Minister of International Affairs Yuval Steinitz .
- The FPA Annual General Meeting was held on Monday April 29th. Guest speaker was Labour MK Meirav Michaeli
FPA Events 2012
- The FPA Annual General Meeting and FPA Board elections were held on Monday April 30th. Guest Speaker was the Israeli Minister of Defence, Ehud Barak.
FPA Events 2011
- September 15th, Palestinian FM Riyad al Maliki
- July 6th, Maj Gen. Amir Eshel of the IDF Strategic Planning Directorate.
- June 26th, Lt Gen ( Res.) Amnon Lipkin-Shahak
- May 26th, Naftali Bennet, Spokesman for the Settler's Council
- April 28th, Annual General Meeting, guest speaker Opposition Leader MK Zipi Livni
- March 10th, the FPA hosted Efraim Halevy, current Head of the Shasha Center for Strategic Studies.
FPA Events 2010
- On November 25th, the FPA hosted former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
- October 4th: Memorial gathering for the late Chairman Conny Mus of RTL.
- June 17th, Deputy Chief of Staff Maj. Gen. Benny Ganz
- April 26th, The FPA Annual General Meeting. Guest Speaker was Adv. Gilead Sher on the subject of Middle East Peace Plans.
FPA Events 2009
- December 8th, Brig. Gen. Aviv Cochavi, IDF Head of Operations.
- October 14th, Palestinian Prime Minister Dr. Salam Fayad.
- October 13th, Minister without portfolio Benny Begin.
- September 7th, Daniel Dayan, Yesha Council Chairman
- August 31st, Nabil Shaath
- June 29th, Deputy Prime Minister Dan Meridor.
- April 27th, FPA Annual General Meeting, speaker Dr. Saeb Erekat
- January 19th, Palestinian Prime Minister, Dr. Salam Fayyad.
- January 13th, M.K. Benjamin Netanyahu, Leader of the Opposition Likud Party.
FPA Events 2008
- December 11th: Press briefing with Brig. Gen. (Ret) Shimshon Issaki, of the Israeli Intelligence services
- November 24th: Press briefing with Minister of Interior Meir Sheetrit
- November 13th: press briefing with Colin Smith, head of EUPOL COPPS
- September 23rd: Human Rights activists, Adv Michael Sfard
- August 21st: Press event with Foreign Minister Zippi Livni.
- June 29th: Reuters wins the FPA soccer cup!
More than 50 soccer players and scores of supporters turned out on Sunday June 29th, to make the first FPA 5-a-side Football Cup a roaring success. Despite the warm weather, the quality of the football was high and the crowd of friends and families were treated to many notable performances and enjoyable matches.
In the end - the Reuters Galacticos Geriatricos prevailed, seeing off Los Yanquis from AP in a tense and hard-fought final which the Galacticos held on to win 3-1.
Les Rosbifs from the BBC and Los Sancho Panzas, a team of Spanish journalists, also put in stellar performances to make it to the semi-finals before gracefully bowing out.
Special thanks to Itzik Ederry at Contact for providing the big screen where players and spectators enjoyed the finals of the Euro 2008. Big thanks also to Gil Malka and Eli Berlzon of Reuters for their help in organising the event.
- May 5th: Press Event with President Shimon Peres onthe occasion of Israel's 60th Anniversary.
- April 17th: AGM and Press Event with Riyad al Malki, Palestinian Foreign Minister and Minister of Information
- March 19th; Dr Saeb Erekat, PA negotiator.
- January 18 - February 20th : FPA Historic Photo Exhibit, Jerusalem Theatre
- The Board and members of the FPA wish to thank those involved in the recent 50th anniversary photo exhibition at the Jerusalem Theatre. David Rubinger, Eric Silver, Matt Rees and of course Glenys, all made significant contributions of time and effort to this successful event.
- The quality of the presentation and the fascinating historical span of the photographs were widely appreciated, and reminded all of us of the extraordinary legacy we inherit from 50 years of our organization's existence.
- Repeat showing at Beit Sokolov in Tel Aviv from September 4th to 25th.
Background: Members of the Foreign Press Association have written the first draft of Israel's history, through war and peace, for 50 of its 60 years. The FPA has rown from 31 enterprising reporters who started the organization in 1957 to over 460 today, representing television correspondents, radio journalists, stills photographers and print reporters from 32 countries from Australia to Africa, Qatar and India to Norway, China to the USA from ABC News to ZDF TV!
The first guest speaker to address the FPA in 1957 was a young official by the name of Shimon Peres. Last year President Shimon Peres hosted the organization as part of its jubilee events.
The exhibition shows FPA members "in action" at work following the newsmakers in the region over the past fifty years.
Participating photographers: David Rubinger of TIME, Shlomo Arad of NEWSWEEK, Havakuk Levison and the late Andre Brutmann of Der Spiegel
FPA Events 2007
- October 16th, Ambassador Zalman Shoval, Foreign media liaison, Likud.
- September 18th, Jubilee Press event with President Shimon Peres.
- August 16th, Press event with the Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad.
- August 14th, Finance conference
- June 26th, Yigal Kipnis on the Golan Heights Golan remains price for peace
- April 25th, Rally at EREZ crossing for the release of Alan Johnston
- April 17th, Annual General Meeting. Guest Speaker Prof. Asher Susser, Director of the The Moshe Dayan Center.
- April 12th, Ibrahim Soliman on Syrian negotiations.
- March 19th, Uri Lubrani Special adviser to the MInistry of Defense.
- January 31st, Dr. Alon Liel,
- January 15th, Dr Elie Rekhess
FPA Events 2006
- December 12th, Atallah Mansour
- November 22nd, M.K. Yossi Beilin
- October 4th, the Prime Minister's media adviser, Miri Eisin.
- September 7th, Security briefing.
- June 26th, Efraim Halevi, former head of the Mossad, presently Heads the School of Public Policy at the Hebrew University.
- May 10th, Giora Eiland, outgoing Head of National Security Council
- April 30th, Annual General Meeting, guest speaker Menashe Amir
- March 23rd - Press event with the Hon. Shimon Peres.
- March 20th - Pre election discussion with Israeli political analysts from Ynetnews.com, Sever Ploczker, Nahum Barnea, Ofer Shelah and Attila Somfalvi.
- March 7th - Press event with Deputy MInister Dr. Marina Solodkin of the Kadim a Party.
FPA events 2005
- February 4th - Press event with Brig. Gen Jibril Rajoub in Ramalla
- February 11th - Press event with The Hon.Shimon Peres, Leader of the Opposition
- March 30th - Press event with Prof. Sari Nusseibeh and Ami Ayalon
- April 28th - FPA Annual General Meeting
- May 4th - Press event with Brig Gen Ruth Yaron, IDF Spokesperson
- May 5th - Farewell to Dan Perry - jointly with AP.
- October 25th - Event with the Hon. Shimon Peres
- December 7th - Press event with IDF Chief of Staff Yaalon
- December 13th - end of year cocktail!
FPA events for 2004
- January 6th - Press event with former Mossad Head Efraim Halevy
- January 19th - Press event with Minister for Foreign Affairs Silvan Shalom
- December 11th - End of year party!
- December 4th - Press event with Chief of Staff Gen. Dan Halutz, Tel Aviv.
- August 29th - Press event with MInister of Interior Ofir Pines Paz, Jerusalem.
- July 18th - Press event with Mahmoud Abbas in Gaza city.
- July 5th - Press event with Head of Ezion Regional Council Shaul Goldstein.
- June 9th - Press event with Palestinian Minister Gen. Mohammed Dahlan in Ramalla.
- April 15 - FPA Annual General Meeting including press event wiht the Director General of the Foreign Ministry Ron Prosor
- February - FPA arranges a charter flight to cover the summit meeting at Sharem el Sheikh
FPA events for 2003
- April 28th - FPA Annual General Meeting and press event with Minister of Trade and Industry Ehud Olmert
- June 3/4 - the FPA arranges a charter flight to cover the Summit Meeting in Aquaba
- August 4th - Press event with Minister of Interior Poraz
- August 19 - Press event with Minister of Justice Josef Lapid
- December 21 - Press event with Deputy Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
FPA events for 2002
- June 11 - Press Event with Dr. Jossie Beilin
- July 30 - Press Event with President Moshe Katsav
- Oct. 1 - Expanded Board meeting with chief censor Rachel Dolev
- Oct. 3 - Board dinner with IDF spokeswoman Ruth Yaron
- Oct. 23 - Press Event with Indian Amb. Raminder Singh Jassal
- Nov. 25 - Press Event with Amram Mitzna
- Dec. 10 - Press Event with Palestinian Cabinet Minister Dr. Ghassan Khatib
- NB. events are open to FPA members only by invitation - registration in the usual way.